Operating an online store requires a more proactive approach than if you are operating a blog. In the physical world, you can boost your conversion because you or your employee are there physically to upsell to your customers. But how can you do this online?
Today, I will share five essential WordPress plugins to increase your conversion rate. These plugins are not obtrusive, and they will not impact customer experience in a negative way.
These plugins are:
- Thrive Leads
- One-Click Upsell Funnel for WooCommerce
- Beeketing for WooCommerce
- Pricing Deals for WooCommerce
At the end of this tutorial, I need you to choose three WordPress plugins from the five. What I recommend is that you use a lead generation tool, a discount tool, and an upsell/cross-sell tool for your site.
Thrive Leads is a list-building tool for WordPress. With this tool, you can create offers and capture a site visitor’s email address in exchange for a lead magnet.
Here are the features of Thrive Leads:
- Ease of designing – the tool has a drag-and-drop editor that allows you to customize your opt-in form.
- Advanced targeting – you can program the tool from the backend and then make the tool offer based on relevance.
- A/B Testing – you can create two types of pop-ups or opt-in forms, and then see which of these two versions convert better.
- Reporting and analytics – the report tells you where your traffic is coming from, and you will also find out how your site visitors are engaging.
So, how does this help in conversion? As you know, not everybody who lands on your store is ready to buy. Some of them are interested, but they are not willing to make the purchase now. In that case, you want to take their contact information, so you can send them offers later on.
Thrive Leads allows you to do this. Once you have built your email list, the next step is to send emails to this list and let your potential customers know about your offers such as a massive sale or discount promotion.
One-Click Upsell Funnel for WooCommerce
One of the best WordPress plugins is an upsell plugin. It allows you to show an item to a customer in the process of checking out. One such plugin is One-Click Upsell.
Here are the features of this app:
- Special one-time offer – you can choose a product and then present it upon checkout as a one-time offer that customers will never be able to see again.
- Upsell and down-sell – you can choose which products to upsell or down-sell. This is great if your products come in tiers.
- Control behavior – if a customer accepts or rejects an offer, you can control where the customer would go. It is like a sales funnel built into your store.
- Responsive templates – your offers will change in size and the way they are presented based on the device the customer is using.
The plugin also has funnel builders. For example, you can create a “thank you” page after the customer has purchased the product from you.
With this tool, you can never miss an opportunity to make offers based on how your customer is behaving—whether it is while shopping or during checkout, you can program this tool to be proactive.
Beeketing for WooCommerce
Beeketing is an all-in-one tool that is built to improve conversion. It is made specifically for WordPress, so it works perfectly with WooCommerce.
Here are the features of the tool:
- Pop-up of orders – at the corner of your store, you can program a pop-up that says somebody just ordered an item. This pop-up can show real purchases and fake purchases. If a customer sees this, he will be inclined to buy.
- Sales countdown – you can put some items on sale only for a specific period of time. You can also program the tool to tell site visitors that an item is low on stock. Basically, this tool helps you create a sense of urgency.
- Upsell and cross-sell – you can program the tool to make offers according to how the customer behaves in your store. You can select specific products to be upsold based on the product that the customer has selected.
The tool also has the capability to bindle products. If you want, you can also offer a discount if a customer has reached a threshold. For example, you can program the tool to offer a 20% discount if the customer has reached $200 in is cart content.
Here are some of the features of GetResponse:
- Automated campaigns – you can program the tool to send different emails at different intervals. You can also program it to send a different email based on how your customer reacted to the first email that you sent.
- Lead magnets – you can upload digital products in the tool. If a customer signs-up, the software is going to automatically send the digital download to your customer’s email address.
- Webinar funnels – you can create a webinar and entice your customer to sign up for it. The webinar can be live or recorded.
- Drop-and-drag – the software uses a drag-and-drop editor that allows you to easily design your email capture form. It also has a software where you can build the sequence of emails you want to send.
- Cart abandonment – if a customer adds his financial info but did not proceed to check out, the tool records the customer’s info. You can program the tool to automatically send a follow-up to this customer.
GetResponse is an email capture form that helps you improve your conversion rate after the first contact. It has no upsell or down-sell tools.
Pricing Deals for WooCommerce
This is one of the best WordPress plugins you can use if sales conversion is your concern. With this tool, you can create different deals like discounts, buy one take one, and so much more.
Here are the features of this plugin.
- Pricing and discounts – you can offer BOGO or buy one, get deals; along with this, you can create different discount types. You can do percentage-based discounts and fixed-amount discounts.
- Package Pricing – you can offer discounted prices if the customer buys in bulk.
- Selected group – it is up to you if you want the discount to apply on specific items only or on the whole store.
The tool also has the capability to do catalog pricing, plus multi-lingual support—non-English users can understand what you are offering, and be more inclined to make the purchase.
Increasing your conversion rate also involves increasing your average order value. What this means is that you should take the opportunity to make additional offers to your customers as they are in the process of checking out.
As a store operator, you will have more sales if you are actively involved in the sales process. But you cannot do this in person. The best approach is to use automated systems that do the job for you—make sure that the automated pop-ups only appear at the right time, not while the customer is browsing.
https://youtu.be/X3a-xqY93aM As far as traffic and user behavior is concerned, Google Analytics is the only thing you need. Apart from being easy to use, Google is the largest and most dominant...
https://youtu.be/VnjeR-bsRM4 If you have heard of WordPress but haven't yet given it a try, here are some inspiring WordPress sites that you can use as a source of motivation. To give you an idea...