WordPress is one of the biggest online platforms in the world. It is hosting more than 75 million active websites, and it also has one of the longest lists of apps and plug-ins
But how do you create a funnel in WordPress? What are even a sales funnel
The stages you should create for building a funnel in WordPress are:
What is a sales funnel?
Before we begin, you must understand what a funnel is. It is not just a simple ad copy, but it is a carefully planned marketing strategy to convince your potential customer to make a purchase
Perhaps these potential customers will not complete the purchase now, but they are likely to do it later
A sales funnel has several stages, and you need to create these stages as they apply to your affiliate marketing business
Stage 1: Awareness
It is during this stage that you are trying to get your name out there. The goal in this stage of the funnel is to let people know that you exist
People will only start caring if you can solve their problem. In this stage, you need to identify that problem and present solutions
In this case, you need to highlight the following problems:
- Peeling potatoes is tedious
- It can cause injuries
- You waste too much potato if you peel it thickly
Then, present your solution, which is the potato peeler. The awareness stage is the stage where you tell people about how you can add value to their lives.
Stage 2: Interest
This stage is the phase where you now have the attention of the potential customers, and you want them to hear more.
As you get their interest, you must be prepared to supply them with more information, benefits, and convince them to take a simple action, although that action does not mean making a sale.
That action can be as simple as providing you their email address, or downloading an eBook, or asking them to like your Facebook page.
This simple action will get them connected to you. And if they do this, then it only shows that they are interested in your product.
Stage 3: Decision
The third step on how to create an affiliate marketing funnel in WordPress is to convince the customer to make a decision.
As a customer who is perusing your products will always give in to the tendency to look elsewhere. It is at this stage that you have to set yourself apart from your competitors
During this step, you have to show why you are the best choice. You need to highlight the good things about your product and make it bold.
You can do this by putting the following on your sales funnel page in WordPress:
- Price point compared to other sellers
- Social proof like reviews from consumers
- Product descriptions and highlights of what the product can do
- Important benefits
It is equally important that when you create a product description, you must not limit yourself with the specifications.
A common error an affiliate marketer makes is that he puts the dimensions of a product but does not make a great ad copy that appeals to the person’s needs.
Instead of saying that your baby crib is 100% cotton and that it measures 2 by 3 meters, you have to create a compelling copy that:
- Says that your baby will sleep well at night
- It is foldable and does not occupy space when not in use
- The mattress is made of high-grade cotton
- The crib is constructed of hardwood
Use bullet points, so it is easy to skim. Make sure that in this stage of the funnel, you are focusing on the emotion of the target buyer, not the product specifications.
How do you build a sales funnel in WordPress?
By now, you should have a WordPress account already. There are two ways you can do this:
- The first is to create a landing page on WordPress
- The second is to use the entire website itself as a funnel
On the first method, all you need to do is to post the landing page like you would create a blog. However, this is going to be a long entry that contains all the steps we laid out earlier.
It has to be complete with highlights, photos, links to the purchase page, and disclaimers.
If you go through the second method, then you have to build your WordPress website from scratch.
Some key things to look at are the following:
- Your home page – this must be bold and must convey the meaning of your website. A first-timer to your website must be able to immediately see that he has found a solution to his problem, and that solution is you.
- Your content – you must prepare content or blog posts that are related to each other. This reason is why your website must be niche-based. If you are an affiliate of health products, then all your blog content must be focused on health-related issues, not seminars about affiliate marketing.
- Your blog post structure – your post structure must have uniformity. Every blog post must also contain your affiliate links. If you used photos in one post, then you should do the same in the others. Use the same font sizes, headers, and highlights on all posts to make people think that your site is done by a professional.
- Your email subscription – do not forget to collect email addresses. And if you do, offer your customer something like a free eBook or a weekly post about your niche. There are many plug-ins on WordPress that can help you do this.
If you do these things, you will have a reliable WordPress affiliate marketing funnel that can help you drive sales. You can also advertise on Facebook with your site’s link, not your affiliate links