Currently, there are over 500 million blogs in the world. That’s roughly a third of all websites available today.
Just a decade ago, everyone viewed blogs as personal diaries where bloggers could share their experiences, thoughts, ideas, and so on. A short while later, a revolution started. blog owners no longer regarded blogging as a hobby.
Suddenly, people realized that they could monetize their ideas. Through their blogs, they could gain influence by bringing together massive audiences from around the globe.
Since then, the main focus of bloggers has been on how to make a successful blog. Bloggers with the most profitable blogs have gone on to earn substantial sponsorship deals.
But how do blogs work? More importantly, how much money can you make blogging? These are two of the most frequently asked questions by aspiring bloggers.
While there are no definite answers to these questions, one thing that’s for sure is that anyone can make money blogging. It doesn’t matter whether you run a business blog or a hobby blog. Read on for five sure ways you can make money with a blog.
How to Make a Successful Blog and Earn Money
While there are hundreds of millions of websites in existence today, only a small percentage of them are successful enough to make money. So how do you make a successful blog? Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Find a suitable niche
- Write about something you’re passionate about
- Offer value to your readers
- Market your blog
- Encourage interaction on your blog
- Make it easy for people to comment
- Don’t let negativity discourage you
- People love images, use lots of them
- Make reading as easy as possible
- Create punchy titles for your posts
- Be sure to keep your website content fresh
- Avoid clutter
- Get social
- Pay attention to analytics
- Make it easy to follow your blog
- Get personal with your readers
- Spell check and proof-read your content
- Focus on white hat SEO
There are certainly more ways you can make your blog stand out from the rest, but these tips should help get you started and keep you on the right track.
Ways to Make Money Using Your Blog
Now that you’ve learned about how to be a successful blogger and created a blog that’s attracting a decent amount of traffic, it’s time to monetize it. Here are five smart ways to go about it:
1. Earn Money Using CPC or CPM Advertisements
Perhaps the most common way bloggers around the world make money is by placing ads on their sites. Generally, there are two ways to do so:
- Using CPC Ads – Cost per click ads are placed in your content or at the sidebar. Every click a reader makes on the ad earns you money.
- Through CPM Ads – These ads pay the blogger a fixed amount of money depending on the number of people who view the ad.
There are lots of ad networks online that can help you earn through CPC and CPM. Do your research to find which program works best for you.
2. Sell Private Advertisements
You don’t always have to work with an online advertising network to sell ads. Once you have a sizeable amount of traffic, some advertisers will start coming to you to ask whether they can place their ads on your site. You can also be proactive and reach out to advertisers yourself.
The biggest advantage of selling private ads is that you don’t have to deal with a middleman. Therefore, you can set the ad rates you and your client are comfortable with and earn more money.
3. Ensure Your Content Includes affiliate links
Many types of blogs that make money do so through affiliate marketing. But how does affiliate marketing work? Below is an explanation:
- Step 1: There’s an advertiser with a service or product they want to sell. The advertiser says that they’ll give you a commission from every sale they make provided the client is coming from your website.
- Step 2: The advertiser provides you with a unique link that’ll track your affiliate code. They’re thus able to know every time a buyer uses your link to purchase a product.
- Step 3: You include the affiliate link on your website through banner ads or in your content.
Whenever a reader clicks on the link and makes a purchase, you earn a commission.
4. Sell Your Digital Products
Some bloggers opt to sell digital products instead of marketing products from other companies. These products include:
- Music, images, and videos
- Online courses and workshops
- Themes, apps, and plugins
The moment you decide to use any of these avenues to earn an income, make sure that what you’re selling is useful and relevant to your target audience. Don’t make the costly mistake of assuming that readers will love whatever you come up with. Listen to your potential clients and create digital products that meet their needs.
5. Sell Memberships
Does your website have some exclusive corners that contain premium content? If so, consider selling memberships so readers can access that content. If you run a popular career blog, for instance, you can charge $20 per year for your readers to access exclusive job boards.
Bloggers who run sites on startup businesses can sell memberships to forums where aspiring entrepreneurs can be given personalized advice regarding their business.
To make money selling exclusive memberships, you must make sure that what you offer is not something your members can find somewhere else for free. Thus, make an effort to develop something worth the price of the membership.
You Can Make Money from Your Blog In 2020
With the blogging field getting more saturated every passing day, there’s more fierce competition to survive than ever before. Taking the time to learn how to make a successful blog and implementing what you learn are the two most essential steps to give yourself a head start and go on to earn money from your blog in no time.
For more great content on how you can make money with your blog outstanding, keep visiting our website.
https://youtu.be/bYPem_6rXrc Instagram is a famous social media platform with over 400 million active users across the globe. Many brands are making the best use of Instagram, setting strategies...
https://youtu.be/bZc-DjWd2BE Earlier, the idea in many people’s minds was that you could draw a lot of attention with the use of infographics. Now, this is no longer the case because everyone...